Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy New Year!

This year, I am resolved to quilt more and blog more. Last year, I stopped sewing after I finished the AKA quilts and didn’t do much until late Fall. I was disappointed that the business didn’t take off after that order and was slightly disillusioned. But now I’m back with a fresh outlook and a new resolve. Almost every one of the quilts I’ve made have been gifts (I’ve only sold two.), so this year, I want to truly get the business off the ground (thus I must quilt more).

I am also resolved to make myself a quilt. At the end of last year, I started working on a string quilt for myself. I always wanted a scrappy crazy looking quilt, and I think this will satisfy that desire. I love the fact that I don’t have to be exact with this project. I also love working with scraps. It might be my new thing for 2012.

22 more blocks to go! That's Matilda, up top, trying to look uninterested in the camera.


I will be putting this project aside soon because I have a few projects with deadlines. Stay tuned for my sister’s wedding quilt, my best friend’s birthday quilt, my mother’s angel quilt, and my stepmom’s family tree quilt. (all gifts…hmmm...)


I WILL sell a quilt this year. I WILL sell a quilt this year. I will, I will I will!!!

2 comments:

  1. I like your string quilt. You commented on my blog, but I couldn't reply because you haven't activated your email in your profile. Instead you are a no-reply blogger. Yes, go ahead and use the Wordless Wednesday idea -- I got it from the blogosphere and lots of others use it as an opportunity to showcase a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda,
    Thanks. I didn't know that I was a no-reply blogger. Will fix that immediately.
    I appreciate you finding a way to get back to me and thanks for letting me use Wordless Wednesday. I think mine will be Matilda Monday for awhile. I have tons of great photos of my dog trying to steal my attention away from my quilts. I'll post those for awhile until it gets old. :)

    ReplyDelete