Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to the Covered in Love blog! This has been a labor of love for quite some time, and I’m excited to share it with you. This isn’t a blog about the how-to of quilting; rather, it’s a blog where you will read about me, my dog, Matilda, my quilts, and some of my personal experiences all wrapped up into one.

So how did this all start? Well, I’ve always wanted to learn how to quilt, and I had this idea to bring my children home in quilts that I created. At 37 years old, there was still no child to for me to bring home from the hospital. I decided that I couldn't continue to put my life on hold for a family that may never happen. I knew how to work a sewing machine and how to sew a seam and decided that was enough knowledge to be able to figure out how to make a quilt. In the process, I found something for which I have an inexplicable knack and an incredible passion.

The quilts that I make are deeply personal. The quilt patterns are my own, for the most part. They all have been gifts to family and friends so I’ve had a connection to each person I’ve given one to, and each one has been made at my dining room table. For me, the whole idea of quilts is they are something to be passed down to your children and grandchildren. I like creating something that will be cherished for a long time.

Quite simply, I make quilts that look great on couches and on beds in modern homes, feel inviting and comfy, and are meant to make you feel snuggly warm - kinda like you would feel if you could be covered in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment