Monday, January 23, 2012

Dimples

While working on my sister's wedding quilt, I ran out of the beautiful blue Dimples by Gail Kessler fabric I'm using for the middle string of each block. My first thought was to wait to buy more on my local shop's Super Bowl Sunday sale, but then my gut told me to go out the next day and buy more. I'm glad I listened to my gut. The shop only had about a yard more than I needed. The last time I relied heavily on Dimples was with my godchild's rainbow quilt. I ran out of two colors that I needed and they were both on back order.

I LOVE Dimples. They come in a rainbow of colors and are great substitutes for solids when you need a bit more texture.


Now I have enough of the blue to finish the string blocks and to bind the quilt...but I've run out of the black and white fabric. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to find more of it.

2 comments:

  1. Did you find the black and white?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. There are actually 3 fabrics in that block - the aqua dimple and two fabrics that are the reverse of each other. I've ordered the black-on-white. I've found the white-on-black, but haven't ordered it yet.

      Delete