Thursday, March 7, 2013

Overwhelmed

Lately, I find myself completely overwhelmed by quilty goodness.  Two days ago, I asked y'all to make some blocks for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society quilt I'm working on and already I've seen pictures of blocks I should be getting in the mail soon.  I'm so excited  about the response I've gotten so far.  I hope it keeps growing.  Thank y'all so much!

I'm also a bit overwhelmed about all the projects I want/need to make this year.  Last July, my sister got married.  I was supposed to gift her a quilt for their bed.  It's not finished yet.  The horrible part about it is that it's a really simple design, but for some unknown reason, I just haven't been able to pick it up again and finish it. 



It's a row of string blocks like this one across a black background.  I think I've about finished all of the blocks.  Now all I have to do is buy the black fabric, cut and piece the background and figure out the back.  Just can't seem to get it together.  And now my sister is pregnant and due at the beginning of June.  Of course that means a quilt for my new nephew, JC, but have I designed it yet?  Not really.  Do I have fabrics for it yet?  Nope.  I've gotta get on the good foot!

I also want to finally make a quilt for my bed.  I've had the sketch for awhile and I finally cut into the fabric in January.  Last night, I started piecing the string blocks. (Can you tell I love string blocks?)


I'm hoping to finish this by the end of the summer.  I think that's a pretty conservative timeline considering the rest of my list for the year.

Every year, my best friend and her daughter, Little Miss, get quilts from me for Christmas.  For some reason, I always wait til the last minute on these.  This year, I decided that I would make a block each month for my best friend's quilt.  Here is January's block.


I'm still toying with February's block.  No telling what March's block will look like.  I have no idea what I'm doing for Little Miss' quilt yet.

Remember the Cherrywood fabrics I bought at QuiltCon?  The design for that is called "Share the Same Cover" and it features some curved piecing.  I've never done curved piecing before and it scares the crap out of me.  Gotta overcome that fear because I'd like to see that quilt before another year goes by.

I also have a design called "Individual Couple" that should be done this year.  I've worked out the measurements and have the fabric I want to use.  I just need to cut and sew.

Then there's "I Believe in Miracles" which was supposed to be a Christmas present for my mother a few years ago but I hit some serious snags along the way.  Now I'm not crazy about what I produced back then and need to just start all over (especially since I can't find enough fabric to complete what I started).

So many designs in my notebook that I can't wait to see come to life, and for some reason I feel that I need to get them all done this year. *deep breath*  We'll see what happens.

Thanks for stopping by!  Join me next time for "What's my style, anyway?".

1 comment:



  1. How to Get an Ex Back
    My boyfriend broke up with me its been 4 days now. We have been dating sense he was 18 and I was 22. She has just know turned 21. We have been dating for 3 years and 2 and half months. Through the years we have had a really good relationship it was serious and we really wanted to be with each other forever. Of course we had are arguments but nothing too bad. I know that these past 3 months I had taken him for granted thinking he would always be there but was wrong. he told me he didn’t want to be in a relationship that he wanted to take time with himself. But he was still kissin me and hugging me and telling me that he will always love me and I hold a special place in her heart. I realized that right before he done this that I needed to get my act together but I guess was too late. I really love this boy there is something different about him he is the love of my life and I want us to have a better relationship then ever before and I wouldn’t ever take him for granted ever again I really do want to marry this boy and he wanted that too but idk how to get him back with out being clingy and desperate. Obviously he needs his space because he cheated on me and this time I really need help to bring him back and marry me, one day i was searching online and i saw a good testimony of how Dr Joy a real Africa spell caster help to restored back broken marriage, getting ex back, fix broken relationship. so i copy his email via??? joylovespell@gmail.com and told him all my problems so he ask me not to worry that my problem are solve that with 2 days, i will get him back which i believe in and put all my hope on and to my greatest notice, after the spell my boyfriend who broke up with me gave me a call to apology and feel so sorry for what he did so my dear ones that is how i got my boyfriend back with the help of Dr joy the real spell caster so also email him now on via joylovespell@gmail.com.you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2347088404185.

    ReplyDelete